Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fullness of Joy


(First, let me apologize for not posting the meme question yesterday. It has been posted today. Due to technical difficulties I couldn't even sign in.)

Question: What has been your strength through the tough times and what are the little details that might inspire another?
Unquestionably it has been my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. As the story below demonstrates God is not only interested in our lives He cares deeply for our joys and sorrows. Only He could be both my strength and my peace in my every day life. The scriptures say ". . .Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." ~Nehemiah 8:10




Our fullness of joy comes only from the Lord. And that is what this little post is about. While I had extremely high hopes of being pregnant, finding out for the umpteenth time that I was not was devastating this time because of the sonogram from my OBGYN (even with the statement that he didn't want to raise false hope) it had shown a small form appropriate to what the development should look like if I were pregnant at the time. Knowing it will happen in God's timing has been very difficult to cling to at times. But I praise Him for He is good and I know He has good plans for me and my children. These encouraging words from Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." have encouraged me greatly. Even though it was not my expected end of the situation this is still a beautiful little snippet of writing I jotted downtown a short time ago.


Not having my digital camera has forced me to look around and describe the feel of my days in words without images. As I rest my aching muscles on this beautiful bench I notice the forest green of the lampost reminicient of a time past long ago decorated beautifully with the shimmering of metallic navy blue snowflakes reflecting the suns afternoon light. The intricate details make me smile inwardly as I think on the possibility of a little life growing inside of me. The unlit twinkle lights look like mini icedrops on the slender limbs of the barren trees. Soon I feel the biting cold and I'm grateful for the arrival of my transport home. I lug the heavy parcels from a day of shopping and reflect on the thoughts stirred deep within me after a hopeful visit with my OBGYN. I ponder the image of the small form on the sonogram. It has me wondering if it's my child. The scripture that I rest upon today is : "This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it."


While each day we're granted breath to enjoy our loved ones and the many blessings God has given us this memory of a bittersweet moment in the long journey to becoming a mother is yet another reminder that our joy is from the Lord and it is not based on our circumstances. He is the one, the only One who can grant us the "peace that surpasses all understanding". I hope you're encouraged and blessed in whatever situation He is taking you through.


Love in Christ alone,


Tiffany Renee Phillips


This is my prayer and hope for you as well. That thru Jesus Christ, regardless of circumstance may you experience the deeply satisfying peace and grace to make it through each day.


"And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your heartsand your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

No comments: