Monday, December 29, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
A grateful blogger brought my own blessings to mind she made a list of what the Lord has done recently for her, thanx Dana! See her list: http://manna4moms.blogspot.com I started with her quote->"...He was taking care of us. .. So, I decided to make a list of how I have seen the Lord answer our prayer for provision":
1. The church had some pears and onions and potatoes... I got to share the pears and a book with a neighbor. 2. My husband got to the store to get bread and basic essentials including my medications with very limited bus scheduals due to nast weather. 3. Jason(my hubby) found favor in working from home when stranded at home on Thurs. because of nearly 20 inches of snow and ok from employer for Friday to take the day off; a 3 day weekend where we battled it out on the chess board. 4. Jason took home an ipod holder thingy(not your tech-savvy gal) (we need the ipod now) but it gets excellent reception of radio stations and I can wake up to music! 6. We got boots that fit and were weather/snow tight the first night of the storm (Jason didn't have any/mine didn't fit) [His provision is always right on time-never too early, never too late] 7. For our ornament exchange we were blessed with very large (softball size) ornament decorations that had candy in them. (also favor to select first monthly gift from his work.) 8. We recieved a 4-sliced toaster from another drawing thru his work- now we have a toaster to give away! 9. Our neighbor gave us a box of choclates just in time for Christmas (obviously not a necessity yet He delights in giving us the desires of our hearts even in little things Ps.37:4) 10. I sold our parakeets to a safe home-a very sweet person who's home a lot and takes good care of them- We got to make the exchange on Thanksgiving Day. 11. Friends who were sensitive to the Spirit's leading have prayed for us this season... 12. The girl across the street got to work on the worst day of the storm and I was blessed to chat with her while we shoveled her drive and also greet some other neighbors. 13. The Lord has given me so much peace and wisdom about relationships where others have been abusive in the past. Christ is all about forgiveness and healthy relationships...So I pray you find many things to be grateful for through Christ alone this holiday season and remember His wonderful promises .... "ask and you shall recieve, knock and the door will be opened, seek and you shall find." Don't forget " You have not because you ask not" and "His Word will not return unto Him void".... Have fun looking up the scriptures if you don't already know them--there's a Bible link on the bottom of this page! Sing carols, drink hot chocolate or hot apple cider and relax with your loved ones this Christmas....they are some of the most precious gifts in addition to salvation the reason for the season.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Santa Claus lives at the North Pole...JESUS is everywhere(Acts 15:8).Santa Claus rides in a sleigh...JESUS walks on the water(____). Santa Claus comes but once a year...JESUS is an ever present help(Ps. 46:1). Santa Claus fills your stockings with goodies... JESUS supplies all your needs(Philipians 4:19).Santa Claus comes down your chimney uninvited... JESUS stands at your door and knocks, and then enters your heart when invited(Mttw.7:8). You have to wait in line to see Santa Claus...JESUS is as close as the mention of His name(Isaiah65:24). Santa Claus lets you sit on his lap...JESUS lets you rest in His arms(Mttw.11:28). Santa Claus doesn't know your name, all he can say is "Hi little boy (or girl,) what's your name?"...JESUS knew our name before we did. Not only does He know our name, He knows our address too. He knows our history and future and He even knows how many hairs are on our heads(Ps. 139). Santa Claus has a belly like a bowl full of jelly...JESUS has a heart full of love(1 John 4:16). All Santa Claus can offer is HO HO HO...JESUS offers health, help and hope(Romans8:24;Mark1:34). Santa Claus says "You better not cry"...JESUS says "Cast all your cares on me for I care for you.(1Peter 5:7).Santa's little helpers make toys...JESUS makes new life, mends wounded hearts, repairs broken homes and builds mansions
Santa wants you to share toys...
Jesus wants you to share love and him and his Word.(Mttw.28:19)!!!
Friday, November 28, 2008
1. The last CD that I listened to was a Dave Koz CD.
2.What I look forward to most on Thanksgiving are board games and leftover Turkey sandwiches!
3. My Christmas/holiday shopping is in progress, although cut back a lot this year.
4. Thoughts of all the different art/writing projects I want to do fill my head.
5. I wish I could wear stilettos.
6. My snoring husband can be soothing to listen to.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I played Settlers online with my husband, tomorrow my plans include trying to get rest amidst the shopping/errands, Saturday I get stitches removed from my right hand and Sunday, I want to have our Christmas letters completed! Have a great weekend!
*Bananas are good for cramps
*It's good to cry
*Chicken soup actually makes you feel better
*Chocolate will make you feel better! (does that even need to be stated?)
*A good friend never judges.
*We ALL love surprises!!
Happy Holiday Shopping, Enjoy Black Friday [the origin of "black Friday" is because there are so many shoppers businesses do well and when tracking funds/profits etc. "in the red" is a phrase used when they are below production cost...to show this on the record the ink was red and when they were making a profit the records were kept in black ink.] .....and I'm simply up late bc I took an after Turkey nap...but shoppers on the East Coast may be just getting started on their early bird specials. night.
acended on us. We watched the soft flakes gently float to the earth. We looked out over the river and rested in each other's arms and sang praises to Our Lord. It was a near perfect holiday. Thank YOu Lord, for everything...
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
God says: "I have not given you the spirit of fear but of power, love, and of sound mind."
-2 Timothy 1:7
I've found that in spite of falling short of His Glory, even in this if we get back up and obey and walk in gratitude like it talks about in Philippians 4:6 "Never worry about anything. Instead, in every situation let your petitions be made known to God through prayers and requests, with thanksgiving." , that we can have and rest in His "peace that surpasses all understanding."
How GREAT is OUR God! Praise HIM! Lord of Lords! King of Kings! Jesus Christ, Lord of everything!
Monday, October 13, 2008
This little guy is Triston, a one year old that I nannied for the first half of this year. This pic. is so adorable! Jason and I are looking forward to having children soon. I love the spontenaity and the life that bubbles up from little ones. "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Ps. 37:4
Wouldn't it be nice if there were an online diary? Where you could select who saw what and share the beauty you chose with those you loved and not necesarily every peeping eye on the internet? Life's not really like that is it? Everything we do, good or bad comes to "fruition" as they say at one point or another. The good thing is nothing is ever hidden from the Divine Creator Jesus Christ, my God and Father. The strange thing is how any of us ever really live with ourselves and the wonderful thing is that we have hope like no other inspite of the impossible when He's our Savior and Lord. Hope everyone chooses life. For He is the wellspring of life and Deut. 30:19 lets us know that with heaven and earth as our witnesses, if we keep going forward with Him somehow, some way it'll be all right in the end.